Ten things to do when your kids leave for college.
1) Walk the dog(s). SOMEONE still loves you! (if you don't have a dog, buy or borrow one).
2) Go for a run. You're not old.
3) Walk around the house in your underwear. No – the neighbors can't see.
4) Put the bread in the fridge. This prevents it from getting modly – since it will be consumed in days (not hours).
5) Work more. So you have a purpose (and can pay for that college tuition).
6) Clean the living room. (Remarkably – it will STAY clean!)
7) Be kind to your spouse. He/She feels sad.
8) Go running again.
9) Resist the temptation to adopt or borrow small children to fill the void.
10) send care packages.